2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
1 Tbsp curry powder or 1 Tbsp red or green Thai curry paste
2 cups vegetable broth
14 oz Drupe Plain almond milk
1 cup cocunut milk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 cup rice vermicelli noodles
1 block extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 small tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- In a heavy saucepan heat the vegetable oil over moderately low heat and cook garlic and jalapeño, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder (or paste) and cook, stirring constantly, for few seconds.
- Stir in the broth, add coconut milk, Drupe almond milk, salt and ginger, bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, place noodles in a large bowl, cover with warm water and let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour noodles into a colander, rinse under cold water, and drain well.
- Once soup has simmered, add tofu, tomatoes and lime juice. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until soup is hot.
- Divide the noodles among four bowls and ladle the soup over noodles. Sprinkle each serving with chopped coriander and drizzle pepper powder, if desired.